After living in the UK for 30 years and had never made any Malaysian cakes before,at the age of 60, I will attempt to make my favourite cakes with a guide book from Malaysian Cakes and Desserts booklet by Rohani Jelani. I have added another book Malay Kuih by Norzailina Nordin as a guide to my cake making.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lemony Semolina Pudding

Inspired by my success in making cakes recently, I have decided to make my own version of Semolina Pudding. I didn't have to look far for the ingredients because they were at hands and the only thing I have to get was a Jelly Mould. This I did.

What do I need to make this pudding
600 mls of thin coconut milk
75 gm of semolina
50 gm sugar
Grated rind of a lemon



Creating the Pudding
First I combined the coconut milk, sugar and the grated lemon rind in a pan and placed it over a low heat and stir the mixture until the sugar dissolved. Then I added the semolina and continue stirring until the mixture begin to thicken. To be on the safer side, the mixture was allowed to cook for another 10 minutes.

The thick mixture was taken off the heat and poured into the jelly mould which has been rinsed with water and left to cool at room temperature. The pudding was placed in a fridge over night since it was made late in the evening..

The next day the pudding was eased out of the mould and served with a splash of evaporated milk. I gave myself full marks because it smells good ( I love lemon aroma) and tasted good. There was not a single morsel left after my tasting team ( girls at Faceworks Clinic) went through it. A great success!
 

No comments: